Andrew Rose - Outstanding Management Consultant and Business Driver
Andrew is an experienced senior manager with a wide range of experience in a Blue Chip environment.
He has demonstrated an entrepreneurial spirit by running his own businesses in a variety of fields and held a number of senior roles in a major UK company.
Above all, Andrew is an experienced and capable problem solver. His fast intuitive mind allows him to see solutions where others fail. Having found a way around problems he then has the hands on skills to follow through and deliver results effectively and efficiently.
Andrew Rose BSc
Apr 2005 - Continuing
Inch Communications Ltd
Provider of hosting and websites (inch hosting), networking and automation services to homes and businesses
Left BT to set up a new business offering Web Design, Hosting and support services to customers wanting to use technology to simplify their lives. These solutions include Web Hosting, networks and Home Automation. Business is an authorised reseller for BT and D-Link and a member of the UK Web Design Association.
- Building and hosting Content Management Systems
- Leading expert in Joomla! CMS and provider of templates and components
- Building and Hosting online trading solutions
- Designing and building a full home network and automation system for a farmhouse rebuild project in Sussex.
Apr 1988 – Mar 2005
May 2004 – March 2005
GLOBAL SOLUTIONS SKILLS CENTRE
Nov 2004 – Mar 2005BT Global Services
Major Migration Project – Barclays Bank
Asked to step in at last minute to recover major customer project in jeopardy.
- Responsible for the migration of over five thousand Voicemail and Personal Number users from an O2 Featurenet platform to a dedicated Teamphone platform in extremely challenging timescales
- Built close relationships with both customer and supplier
- Developed migration process including trial, outbound calling campaign, service definition, support model and success criteria
May 2004 – Oct 2004
Assurance Programme for Messaging – Applications assured Infrastructure
- defining an assurance programme for messaging applications across customer networks.
July 2003 – April 2004
HEAD OF APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT
BT Global Services
Asked by VP Applications Hosting to run a project looking at the launch of an Applications Management Service for BT Global Services.
- Responsible for defining and implementing a strategy for the launch of an Application Management Service in the UK and across Europe
- Responsible for establishing relationships with internal and external suppliers to establish best practice and recommend best solution for the business
June 2000 - June 2003
HEAD OF MICROSOFT PRODUCTS
BT Global Services
Responsible for a product management team tasked with launching and managing a range of Microsoft Hosted products internationally with full P&L responsibility of >£30m revenue pa.
- Launched Microsoft Exchange messaging and Microsoft Exchange online products
- Responsible for defining and implementing strategy for the launch of Microsoft products
- Responsible for establishing and building relationships with 3rd party suppliers (inc. Microsoft and HP/Compaq) to provide products to market in minimum time
Sept 1998 – May 2000
GROUP PRODUCT MANAGER
Responsible for a team of 7 product managers running a full range of Internet/Intranet products offered within the business and to external customers with full P&L responsibility for £30m revenue pa. These included a 100,000 seat MS Exchange service, web hosting, Knowledge Management products and information portals.
- Completed the migration of 75,000 mail users from 3 different systems to a single integrated messaging and groupware system resulting in major cost savings
- Responsible for the development and launch of a corporate Knowledge Management tool-set.
Nov 1996 – Sept 1998
BT Consumer Mobility
Oct 1994 – Oct 1996
Commercial Policy Manager
BT Card Services
Mar 1993 - Sep 1994
Commercial Planning Manager
BT Card Services
Oct 1991 - Feb 1993
Apr 1990 - Oct 1991
Apr 1988 - Mar 1990
Materials Planning Manager
BT, Westminster District
Sep 1983 – Mar 1988
Expo Safety Systems Ltd
Jul 1986 - Mar 1988
Senior Applications Engineer
Mar 1985 - Jun 1986Projects Office Manager
Sep 1983 - Mar 1985Assistant Works Manager
Oct 1981 - Aug 1983
Restaurant and Take-Away
Education and Qualifications
BSc Mechanical Engineering, University of Surrey
Tiffin Boys’ School
Kinston upon Thames
Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing